Our Organic Virgin Coconut Oil is cold-pressed and extracted from the meat of the Coconut. The oil is semisolid at room temperature, clear to light yellow in color, and carries a rich coconut aroma and taste.
Due to its high content of saturated fatty acids, primarily Lauric Acid, the oil is solid at room temperature and highly resistant to rancidity. It is often referred to as 76 degree Coconut Oil due to its melt point.
Here are some benefits of using Organic Virgin Coconut Oil:
- Anti-microbial properties : Coconut oil has great anti-microbial properties. Medium chained triglycerides (MCTs) are considered to be great in treating various kinds of infections be it bacterial, viral or fungal. Coconut oil key constituents lauric acid and capric acid – both are known to show anti-microbial effect when broken down. So when coconut oil is applied on skin it helps skin get rid of harmful bacteria and fungus which breed on it. Thus saving body from infectious diseases
- Health skin : Coconut oil has vitamin E in it. Vitamin E is well known to nourish skin and make it smoother and softer. You will find many moisturizer creams and body creams having Vitamin E in them.
- Anti-ageing / anti-wrinkle : Ageing makes skin cell lose their flexibility, softness and colour. Coconut oil is helpful in making skin look younger. Along with vitamins present in it, its anti-oxidant effect also plays an important part in this process
- Easy absorption : A good massage oil should be easily absorbed by body. Coconut oil is absorbed so easily that sometimes massage therapist use extra external moisturizer to make sure there is lubrication left while massaging. Almond oil is one common oil added for this purpose. Coconut oil is often mixed with other herbal oils and extracts to further enhance its effects.
- No stains : Coconut oil leaves no stains. Yes, this is a great news because most oils do leave stains and they are hard to go by.
- Muscle benefits : Massage with coconut oil can soothe and relax tight muscles in your body. This is great if you are tired due to physical activity.
1 Kilo / 2.2 lbs