MCT Oil or Fractionated Coconut Oil as it is also known, is not your regular cold-pressed coconut oil that goes solid at room temperature, though it’s ability as an emollient and moisturizer is the same.
MCT Oil or Fractionated oils have been heated as part of their processing to separate certain chains of fatty acids into components. This refines, clarifies, and deodorizes the oil. Fractionated Coconut Oil stays liquid, is clear, and is highly stable for use in creams and lotions, and many other cosmetic preparations for skin and hair. It penetrates the skin readily, thus acting as an excellent carrier for essential oils. This ability to transport essential oils and actives makes it an oil of choice among medical practitioners and massage therapists.
Fractionated coconut oil will never goes rancid. It basically has an indefinite shelf life and is in a perfectly clear liquid form. It is also great value for money so perfect for use in clinics and spas. Other advantages of MCT Oil / Fractionated Coconut Oil are:
· It is odorless and colorless. It won’t stain and easily washes out of clothing and sheets.
· It absorbs into the skin while reducing essential oil evaporation.
· It is excellent on skin; a natural and very safe moisturizer, softener and safe, non-irritant lubricator.
· It leaves skins smooth with no greasy feeling.
· Low production costs make it cost effective.
· It can be mixed with other, more expensive, carriers to increase shelf life. It can also be used it to create different cream textures.
· It does not aggravate skin problems or clog pores.
· It is fully digestible and considered an excellent and healthy cooking oil.
· It is truly one of the best multi-purpose carrier oil products on the market
There are no reviews yet.